Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, November 28, 2020:
Sunny, with a high near 74. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph.
High temperatures are forecast to remain in the mid-70s, with lows in the 40s and mostly sunny skies for the coming week.
High Wind Warning in effect from November 26, 04:00 PM PST until November 27, 03:00 PM PST
Red Flag Warning until November 27, 06:00 PM PST
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1729 Natchez Indians massacre most of the 300 French settlers and soldiers at Fort Rosalie, Louisiana.
- 1861 The Confederate Congress admits Missouri to the Confederacy, although Missouri has not yet seceded from the Union.
- 1925 The forerunner of the Grand Ole Opry, called the WSM Barn Dance, opens in Nashville, Tennessee.
- 1941 The aircraft carrier USS Enterprise departs from Pearl Harbor to deliver F4F Wildcat fighters to Wake Island. This mission saves the carrier from destruction when the Japanese attack.
- 1948 Dr. Edwin Land’s first Polaroid cameras go on sale in Boston.
- 1950 In Korea, 200,000 Communist troops launch attack on UN forces.
- 1961 Ernie Davis becomes the first African American to win the Heisman Trophy.
- 1963 Cape Canaveral is renamed Cape Kennedy.
- 1984 Republican Robert Dole is elected Senate majority leader.