COVID-19 has probably had a significant impact on your employment or business, affecting your cash flow and liquidity. The first installment deadline is Thursday, December 10, to timely pay secured property taxes for fiscal year 2020-2021. An option exists to delay your first and second installment payments if you meet certain criteria, such as operating a small business or living in your home and are unable to deliver your payment by December 10, 2020 and/or April 12, 2021.
The Governor issued an Executive Order that allows the County Treasurer to cancel penalties for small business owners and homeowners who complete and file a penalty cancellation request form and pay the base property taxes on their first and second secured bills by May 6, 2021. See the complete details on this program and qualifications at ttc.ocgov.com/proptax/infofaq/penalties.
“I encourage those taxpayers that are experiencing liquidity or cash flow issues to review these details to see if they qualify for this program” said Treasurer Shari. L. Freidenrich. “We encourage these taxpayers who qualify to complete a penalty cancellation request, include a check for the secured base tax amount and pay as soon as they can, but no later than May 6, 2021.”
Check out our COVID-19 financial tips to protect your money at ocgov.com/ocfinancialinfo. Other tips and tools on our website are:
- Subscribe to text/email payment reminders at ocgov.com/octaxreminder
- View and download our Property Tax eGuides at ocgov.com/ocpropertytaxguides
- View all County parcels with links to the bills on a GIS map at mello.ocgov.com
- Subscribe to our Financial Tip of the Week at ocgov.com/ocfinancialtips
- View various financial resources for businesses, seniors and military families at ocgov.com/ocfinancialinfo
If you have property tax payment questions, please email [email protected], or call (714) 834- 3411
between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.
This article was released by the Orange County Treasurer-Tax Collector’s Office.