Lakewood City Hall will be closed Dec. 24-25 and the week of Dec. 28-Jan. 1. Here are trash and other city service details for the two holiday weeks of Dec. 21 and Dec. 28:
- Trash pickup for the two holiday weeks of Dec. 21 and Dec. 28 will not change for Monday through Thursday trash customers. But for Friday customers, your trash pickup will be delayed by one day. That means that Friday pickups will happen on Saturday.
- Street sweeping in residential areas will occur as normal from Dec. 21-24 and Dec. 28-31. There will be no street sweeping on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 and no make-up sweep for those days. No street sweeping parking citations will be issued through the two week Dec. 21 to Jan. 1 holiday period due to the regional Stay at Home order. The city is asking that residents still endeavor to park their vehicles off the street or on their lawn on street-sweeping day if they can so that streets may be swept as cleanly as possible.
- DASH Transit service will not be available on Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1.
When City Hall is closed, here is how you can report a non-emergency issue:
- Call and leave a message for the customer service staff at 562-866-9771, extension 2140 or send an email to [email protected] They will answer messages on the next business day.
- Submit a non-emergency service request online at www.lakewoodcity.org/service.
- Use the Lakewood Connect app for your smartphone to report an issue, ask a question or give input to the City of Lakewood. The app is available for free from both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
For emergency city service requests, like downed tree limbs or water main leaks, please phone 562-866-9771 and follow the recorded instructions to page a 24-hour city emergency staff worker.
For questions or requests regarding trash and disposal services, contact EDCO Disposal at 562-531-3054.
Learn more about tree recycling and information about extra holiday trash here.
This article was released by the City of Lakewood.