Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, December 27, 2020:
A chance of rain after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Rain likely, mainly between 10pm and 4am, then showers after 4am. Low around 48. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Rain is possible through Monday night, followed by mostly sunny skies and highs remaining in the 60s for the rest of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1829 Birth of Hinton Helper, southern abolitionist who wrote The Impending Crisis.
- 1862 Union General William Rosecrans’ army begins moving slowly toward Murfreesboro, Tennessee, from Nashville.
- 1901 Birth of Marlene Dietrich, German-born singer and actress.
- 1913 Charles Moyer, president of the Miners Union, is shot in the back and dragged through the streets of Chicago.
- 1915 In Ohio, iron and steel workers go on strike for an eight-hour day and higher wages.
- 1919 Birth of Major General Charles Sweeney, the pilot of Bocks Car, the B-29 that dropped an atomic bomb on Nagasaki, Japan.
- 1932 Radio City Music Hall opens.
- 1944 General George S. Patton’s Third Army, spearheaded by the 4th Armored Division, relieves the surrounded city of Bastogne in Belgium.
- 1945 The International Monetary Fund and the Bank for Reconstruction and Development are created.
- 1950 The United States and Spain resume relations for the first time since the Spanish Civil War of the 1930s.
- 1956 Segregation on buses in Tallahassee, Florida, is outlawed.
- 1968 The United States agrees to sell F-4 Phantom jets to Israel.
- 1983 President Reagan takes all responsibility for the lack of security in Beirut that allowed a terrorist on a suicide mission to kill 241 Marines.
- 2001 China receives permanent normal trade relations with the US.