The County of Orange Social Services Agency (SSA) announced today it will close its four open public assistance lobbies effective Tuesday, December 29, 2020. This change in operations is being made as a precautionary measure to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Orange County households interested in applying for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, General Relief and CalWORKs benefits or wishing to review existing case information should visit SSA’s online portal or contact the SSA Call Center, as outlined below.
- Online: www.mybenefitscalwin.org
As another option, individuals applying for CalFresh benefits only may visit www.getcalfresh.org
Households interested in applying for Medi-Cal only may visit www.coveredca.com
- By Phone: please call SSA’s Call Center at (800) 281-9799
Call Center hours are Weekdays (Monday – Friday) from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The SSA lobbies closing to the public effective December 29th include:
Aliso Viejo Regional Center*
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Anaheim Regional Center
3320 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806
Garden Grove Regional Center
12912 Brookhurst St.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Santa Ana Regional Center
1928 S. Grand Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
SSA eligibility staff will be stationed in front of the Anaheim, Garden Grove, Santa Ana and Aliso Viejo Regional Centers on Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. to provide critical benefits assistance to individuals who may not have access to telephone or internet services.
SSA’s other office locations will remain closed and services currently provided by appointment only will continue.
*Effective December 31, 2020, the Aliso Viejo Regional Center will shut its doors, with staff and services from that location transitioning to the Laguna Hills Regional Center (LHRC) at 23330 Moulton Parkway. The LHRC lobby will remain closed, however, eligibility staff will be stationed in front of the office on January 4, 2021 to assist individuals experiencing accessibility issues by phone/internet.
Residents can access other SSA services and programs as follows:
- SSA will continue to provide drive-through benefits issuance — for the distribution of new and replacement Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) and Medi-Cal Benefits Identification Cards (BIC) — by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call the SSA Call Center at (800) 281-9799 or contact your assigned caseworker.
- To apply for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) or for questions related to ongoing IHSS cases, please call (714) 825-3000 or fax (714) 825-3001.
- To apply for Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI), please call (800) 281-9799.
- If you suspect a child is at risk of abuse or neglect, call our Child Abuse Registry at (800) 207-4464 or (714) 940-1000.
- Please call the Adult Protective Services Hotline at (800) 451-5155 if you suspect a senior or dependent adult is at risk of abuse or neglect.
For additional information on SSA programs, visit: www.ssa.ocgov.com
To stay up-to-date on information concerning the COVID-19 situation in Orange County, go to: www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus.
This article was released by the Orange County Social Services Agency.