With families looking for a fresh start once the COVID-19 pandemic dies down and moving becomes practical, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2021’s Best & Worst States to Raise a Family, as well as accompanying videos.
To determine the best states in which to put down family roots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 52 key indicators of family-friendliness. The data set ranges from the median annual family income to housing affordability to the unemployment rate.
Raising a Family in California (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 7th – % of Families with Young Children
- 47th – Child-Care Costs (Adjusted for Median Family Income)
- 5th – Infant-Mortality Rate
- 49th – Median Annual Family Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 39th – Violent Crimes per Capita
- 32nd – % of Families in Poverty
- 50th – Housing Affordability
- 48th – Unemployment Rate
- 13th – Separation & Divorce Rate
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-states-to-raise-a-family/31065
This article was released by WalletHub.