Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, January 14, 2021:
Sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind.
Mostly clear, with a low around 51. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph.
High temperatures are expected to peak on Friday, followed by a gradual drop back into the 60s by the middle of the coming week.
Red Flag Warning in effect from January 14, 04:00 PM PST until January 15, 04:00 PM PST
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1730 Birth of William Whipple, signatory of Declaration of Independence.
- 1741 Birth of Benedict Arnold, American Colonial General turned traitor.
- 1864 Confederate President Jefferson Davis writes to General Joseph E. Johnson, observing that troops may need to be sent to Alabama or Mississippi.
- 1911 The USS Arkansas, the largest U.S. battleship, is launched from the yards of the New York Shipbuilding Company.
- 1919 Birth of Andy Rooney, American humorist, author and television personality (60 Minutes).
- 1942 President Franklin D. Roosevelt orders all aliens in the U.S. to register with the government.
- 1943 Franklin Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, and Charles DeGaulle meet at Casablanca to discuss the direction of the war.
- 1969 A blast on the U.S. carrier Enterprise in the Pacific results in 24 dead and 85 injured.
- 2005 Huygens probe lands on Saturn’s moon Titan.