Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, January 27, 2021:
A chance of showers before 10am, then a chance of showers after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. East wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
A chance of showers, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. East wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible
A chance of showers will be possible through the end of the week as weather systems moves through the region.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1825 Congress approves Indian Territory (present-day Oklahoma), clearing the way for forced relocation of the Eastern Indians on the “Trail of Tears.”
- 1850 Birth of Samuel Gompers, first President of American Federation of Labor.
- 1862 President Abraham Lincoln issues General War Order No. 1, setting in motion the Union armies.
- 1900 Birth of Hyman Rickover, American admiral who is considered the “Father of the Atomic Submarine.”
- 1916 President Woodrow Wilson opens preparedness program.
- 1939 President Franklin D. Roosevelt approves the sale of U.S. war planes to France.
- 1941 The United States and Great Britain begin high-level military talks in Washington.
- 1943 The first U.S. raids on the Reich blast Wilhelmshaven base and Emden.
- 1959 NASA selects 110 candidates for the first U.S. space flight.
- 1967 Three astronauts are killed in a flash fire that engulfed their Apollo 1 spacecraft.
- 1973 A cease fire in Vietnam is called as the Paris peace accords are signed by the United States and North Vietnam.
- 1978 The State Supreme Court rules that Nazis can display the Swastika in a march in Skokie, Illinois.