Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, January 28, 2021:
A chance of showers after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 63. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 49. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
A chance of showers will be possible through Friday, followed by mostly sunny skies and highs in the 60s.
Flash Flood Watch in effect from January 28, 07:00 PM PST until January 29, 04:00 PM PST
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1912 Birth of Jackson Pollock, influential abstract expressionist painter.
- 1915 The German navy attacks the U.S. freighter William P. Frye, loaded with wheat for Britain.
- 1915 The U.S. Coast Guard is founded to fight contraband trade and aid distressed vessels at sea.
- 1921 Albert Einstein startles Berlin by suggesting the possibility of measuring the universe.
- 1936 A fellow prison inmate slashes infamous kidnapper Richard Loeb to death.
- 1955 The U.S. Congress passes a bill allowing mobilization of troops if China should attack Taiwan.
- 1964 The Soviets down a U.S. jet over East Germany killing three.
- 1986 The space shuttle Challenger explodes just after liftoff.