Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, January 29, 2021:
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 56. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. Calm wind.
Mostly sunny skies will follow through much of the new week, with highs in the 60s and lows in the upper 40s.
Flash Flood Watch in effect from January 28, 07:00 PM PST until January 29, 04:00 PM PST
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1737 Birth of Thomas Paine, political essayist (The Rights of Man, The Age of Reason).
- 1843 Birth of William McKinley, 25th President of the United States.
- 1861 Kansas is admitted into the Union as the 34th state.
- 1865 William Quantrill and his Confederate raiders attack Danville, Kentucky.
- 1918 The Supreme Allied Council meets at Versailles.
- 1926 Violette Neatley Anderson becomes the first African-American woman admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 1929 The Seeing Eye, America’s first school for training dogs to guide the blind, founded in Nashville, Tennessee.
- 1944 The world’s greatest warship, USS Missouri, is launched.
- 1967 Thirty-seven civilians are killed by a U.S. helicopter attack in Vietnam.
- 1979 President Jimmy Carter commutes the sentence of Patty Hearst.
- 1984 President Ronald Reagan announces that he will run for a second term.
- 1984 The Soviets issue a formal complaint against alleged U.S. arms treaty violations.