Top Ten Stories for January 2021 include expanded eligibility for COVID-19 vaccinations and extension of unemployment benefits.
The Top Ten Stories for January 2021 were the most read stories at Orange County Breeze over the month of January 2020 (excluding weather forecasts and events):
- County Health Officer opens COVID-19 vaccine to Residents Ages 65 and Older
- State of California moves County of Orange to Purple Tier effective immediately
- Huntington Beach woman killed in collision
- EDD preparing for extension of federal CARES Act unemployment benefit provisions
- Riverside man killed on Pacific Coast Highway in Long Beach
- California opts in to federal program to allow CVS and Walgreens to vaccinate residents and staff in long-term care facilities
- California Highway Patrol investigating suspicious death
- Long Beach Vaccination Clinics expand to administer COVID-19 vaccine to older adults
- California launches second phase of extension to unemployment benefits during COVID-19
- Two COVID-19 unemployment benefit fraud schemes charged in the eastern district of California
Cover graphic of the February 2019 Orange County Breeze Dining, Arts & Entertainment (DARTS) guide. The guide lists events local to northwest Orange County and southeast Los Angeles County. The December 2020 issue has been delayed due to technical difficulties. The January 2021 issue is in production.
Do you enjoy working puzzles? We added puzzles to DARTS! Beginning with the May 2015 issue, two pages of puzzles are included in our free monthly DARTS downloadable publication.