According to the Facebook page of the Cypress Police Department, detectives from the Department’s Criminal Investigations Bureau made an arrest in a recent string of thefts of catalytic converters.
As regards those thefts, the Departments offered a list of tips to discourage catalytic converter thefts:
- park in well-lit areas;
- if possible, park inside a garage;
- park close to building entrances or busy roadways;
- add video surveillance to parking areas;
- install a security device made specifically for catalytic converters;
- engrave your vehicle’s VIN on the catalytic converter.