Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, March 12, 2021:
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Highs are forecast to remain in the 60s until the middle of the coming week, which will see temperatures in the low to mid 70s and mostly sunny skies.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1664 New Jersey becomes a British colony.
- 1789 The United States Post Office is established.
- 1862 Birth of Jane Delano, nurse, teacher, founder of the Red Cross.
- 1863 President Jefferson Davis delivers his State of the Confederacy address.
- 1884 Mississippi establishes the first U.S. state college for women.
- 1894 Coca-Cola is sold in bottles for the first time.
- 1911 Dr. Fletcher of the Rockefeller Institute discovers the cause of infantile paralysis.
- 1912 Juliet Low founds the Girl Scouts in Savannah, Georgia.
- 1928 Birth of Edward Albee, American dramatist (Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf).
- 1933 President Roosevelt makes the first of his Sunday evening fireside chats.
- 1959 The U.S. House of Representatives joins the Senate in approving the statehood of Hawaii.
- 1985 The United States and the Soviet Union begin arms control talks in Geneva.