- CDPH Youth Sports Guidelines (please review for complete Return to Play details)
- CLICK HERE for more information on State Testing
- CIF Guidelines will be adjusted weekly
- In the event of a positive test for COVID-19, schools will follow the current CDPH Guidelines for Schools
- Any student-athlete testing positive for COVID-19 may not return to practice or competition until cleared by their physician
- Schools must still follow all guidelines from their local county and the governing board of their school district or private/parochial school
CIF Season 1 Sports (January – April):
Traditional Competitive Cheer, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Gymnastics, Skiing/Snowboarding, Girls Volleyball, Water Polo
CIF Season 2 Sports (March – June):
Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Competitive Sport Cheer, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Track & Field, Boys Volleyball, Wrestling
^Please refer to respective CIF Sections for verification of seasons of sport
Widespread: Sports allowed in this tier: Cross Country, Golf, Skiing/Snowboarding, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, and Track & Field.
Substantial: Sports allowed in this tier: *Baseball, *Field Hockey, *Girls Lacrosse, and *Softball.
Moderate: Sports allowed in this tier: Badminton, *Football, Gymnastics, *Boys Lacrosse, *Soccer, and *Water Polo.
Minimal: Sports allowed in this tier: Basketball, Competitive Cheerleading, Volleyball, and Wrestling.
*Outdoor Sports in Red (Substantial) and Orange (Moderate) Tiers may hold competitions, regardless of county tier status, if respective county COVID-19 adjusted case rate is equal to or less than 14 per 100,000.
Additionally, the sports of football and water polo must conduct COVID-19 testing at any time when your county falls into the adjusted case rate of 7-14 per 100,000. Please CLICK HERE for more information on State Testing
Please visit the State Dashboard for the latest county case rate data.
Indoor Sports are allowed only if teams adhere to the additional requirements by CDPH. Conditions for Return to Play if Not Otherwise Authorized