Employee of the Year Recognitions
Certificated and Classified Employee of the Year nominees and winners were announced and congratulated by the Board of Trustees.
Teacher of the Year – Nominees for 2020/21 Teacher of the Year were:
- Tammy Newman, First Grade Teacher, Arnold
- Jaime Berry, First Grade Teacher, King
- Lynn Lindsay, Second Grade Teacher, Landell
- Cristina Roumeliotis, Kindergarten Teacher, Luther
- Peri Sorenson, First Grade Teacher, Morris
- Jennie Lee, Kindergarten Teacher, Vessels
From the nominees, the Association of Cypress Teachers membership selected Lynn Lindsay as the district’s Teacher of the Year.
Classified Employees of the Year – This year, in lieu of nominating individual employees for Classified Employee of the Year, California School Employees Association Chapter #325 elected to recognize the contribution and dedication of every classified employee in the district for going above and beyond during the COVID-19 pandemic.