Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, March 20, 2021:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Mostly clear, with a low around 47. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
Highs temperatures are expected to remain near seasonable levels, rising into the 70s around the middle of the next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1760 The Great Fire of Boston destroys 349 buildings.
- 1841 Edgar Allan Poe’s The Murders in the Rue Morgue, considered the first detective story, is published.
- 1852 Harriet Beecher Stowe’s Uncle Tom’s Cabin is published.
- 1904 Birth of B.F. Skinner, American psychologist.
- 1922 President Warren G. Harding orders U.S. troops back from the Rhineland.
- 1928 Birth of Fred Rogers, television performer (Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood).
- 1939 President Franklin D. Roosevelt names William O. Douglas to the Supreme Court.
- 1965 President Lyndon B. Johnson orders 4,000 troops to protect the Selma-Montgomery civil rights marchers.
- 1969 Senator Edward Kennedy calls on the United States to close all bases in Taiwan.
- 1976 Patty Hearst is convicted of armed robbery.
- 1982 U.S. scientists return from Antarctica with the first land mammal fossils found there.
- 1987 The United State approves AZT, a drug that is proven to slow the progress of AIDS.