Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, April 7, 2021:
Sunny, with a high near 77. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 55. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Temperatures are expected to remain in the 70s, with patchy morning fog and lows in the mid-50s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1786 Birth of Sacagawea (also Sacajawea), American explorer.
- 1789 The First U.S. Congress begins regular sessions at Federal Hall in New York City.
- 1830 Joseph Smith and five others organize the Church of Latter-Day Saints in Seneca, New York.
- 1862 Confederate forces attack General Ulysses S. Grant at Shiloh, Tennessee.
- 1865 At the Battle of Sailer’s Creek, a third of Lee’s army is cut off by Union troops pursuing him to Appomattox.
- 1909 Americans Robert Peary and Matthew Henson become the first men to reach the North Pole.
- 1917 The United States declares war on Germany and enters World War I on Allied side.
- 1924 Four planes leave Seattle on the first successful flight around the world.
- 1938 The United States recognizes Nazi Germany’s conquest of Austria.
- 1965 President Lyndon B. Johnson authorizes the use of ground troops in combat operations.