Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, April 20, 2021:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Patchy drizzle after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Highs are to remain at or below seasonable levels, with a slight chance of precipitation around midweek.
Wind Advisory in effect from April 18, 05:00 AM PDT until April 18, 04:00 PM PDT
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1769 Ottawa Chief Pontiac is murdered by an Indian in Cahokia.
- 1775 British troops begin the siege of Boston.
- 1836 The Territory of Wisconsin is created.
- 1841 Edgar Allen Poe’s first detective story is published.
- 1861 Robert E. Lee resigns from the U.S. Army.
- 1916 The first National League game is played at Chicago’s Wrigley Field, then known as Weeghman Park. The park was renamed Cubs Park in 1920 and Wrigley Field, for the Chicago Cubs owner, in 1926.
- 1951 General Douglas MacArthur addresses a joint session of Congress after being relieved by President Harry Truman.
- 1962 The New Orleans Citizens Committee gives free one-way ride to blacks to move North.
- 1967 U.S. planes bomb Haiphong for first time during the Vietnam War.
- 1999 Two students enter Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado and open fire with multiple firearms, killing 13 students and teachers, wounding 25 and eventually shooting themselves.