Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, April 30, 2021:
Sunny, with a high near 90. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 58. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
Highs are expected to sharply drop back into the 70s over the weekend then gradually rise back towards the 80s over the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1789 George Washington is inaugurated as the first U.S. president.
- 1803 The United States doubles in size through the Louisiana Purchase, which was sold by France for $15 million.
- 1812 Louisiana is admitted into the Union as a state.
- 1858 Birth of Mary Scott Lord Dimmick, First Lady to President Benjamin Harrison.
- 1864 Work begins on the Dams along the Red River, which will allow Union General Nathaniel Banks’ troops to sail over the rapids above Alexandria, Louisiana.
- 1931 The George Washington Bridge, linking New York City and New Jersey, opens.
- 1968 U.S. Marines attack a division of North Vietnamese troops in the village of Dai Do.
- 1970 U.S. troops invade Cambodia to disrupt North Vietnamese Army base areas.
- 1973 President Richard Nixon announces the resignation of Harry Robbins Haldeman, John Ehrlichman, and other top aides.