Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, May 3, 2021:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 79. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 58. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
Highs are expected to peak in the low 80s on Wednesday before gradually dropping back into the lower 70s over the course of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1855 Macon B. Allen becomes the first African American to be admitted to the Bar in Massachusetts.
- 1863 The Battle of Chancellorsville rages for a second day.
- 1865 President Abraham Lincoln’s funeral train arrives in Springfield, Illinois.
- 1903 Birth of Bing [Harry Lillis] Crosby, singer and actor. Various dates given for his birth date.
- 1913 Birth of William Inge, American playwright (Picnic, Bus Stop).
- 1920 Birth of Walker Smith, Jr. (Sugar Ray Robinson), champion middleweight boxer.
- 1920 Birth of John Lewis, jazz pianist.
- 1926 U.S. Marines land in Nicaragua.
- 1968 After three days of battle, the U.S. Marines retake Dai Do complex in Vietnam, only to find the North Vietnamese have evacuated the area.
- 1971 James Earl Ray, Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassin, is caught in a jail break attempt.