With the unemployment rate at 5.8% and around 42% of the population fully vaccinated, the personal-finance website WalletHub released updated rankings for the States That Are Recovering the Quickest From COVID-19, as well as accompanying videos and audio files.
To identify the states that are having the most successful recoveries, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 21 key metrics. Our data set ranges from the share of the population fully vaccinated to the real GDP vs. pre-COVID levels.
Recovery from COVID-19 in California (1=Quickest, 25=Avg.):
- 20th – Share of Population Fully Vaccinated
- 24th – Share of Vaccine Supply Used
- 15th – COVID-19 Death Rate
- 6th – COVID-19 Hospitalization Rate
- 37th – Share of Hospitals with Staff Shortages
- 20th – Share of Hospitals with Supply Shortages
- 42nd – Average Daily Restaurant Visits
- 16th – Real GDP vs. Pre-COVID Levels
- 45th – Unemployment Rate vs. Pre-COVID Levels
- 47th – Total Weekly Job Postings vs. Pre-COVID Levels
- 38th – Total Weekly Consumer Spending vs. Pre-COVID Levels
- 15th – Real Estate Active Listings vs. Pre-COVID Levels
Note: Rankings are based on data available as of 12:30 p.m. ET on June 7, 2021.
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/states-covid-recovery/90947