With the economy gaining 559,000 jobs in May, picking up steam after last month’s disappointing numbers, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2021’s Best & Worst States for Jobs, as well as accompanying videos.
To ease the process of finding employment for job seekers, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 35 key indicators of job-market strength, opportunity and economic vitality. The data set ranges from employment growth to median annual income to average commute time.
Finding a Job in California (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 48th – Job Opportunities
- 39th – Employment Growth
- 22nd – Monthly Average Starting Salary
- 47th – Unemployment Rate
- 35th – Median Annual Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 7th – Avg. Length of Work Week (in Hours)
- 46th – Avg. Commute Time (in Minutes)
- 12th – Job Satisfaction
- 1st – COVID-19 Positive Tests in the Past Week per Capita
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-states-for-jobs/35641