The County of Orange Social Services Agency (SSA) announced that it will reopen another regional office location to the public effective Tuesday, July 6, 2021. The Agency’s Central Regional Office joins the following open SSA public assistance benefits offices, with lobby hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday:
Anaheim Regional Center
3320 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806
Garden Grove Regional Center
12912 Brookhurst St.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Central Regional Office
2020 W. Walnut St.
Santa Ana, CA 92703
Laguna Hills Regional Center
23330 Moulton Parkway
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Cypress Regional Center
6100 Chip Ave.
Cypress, CA 90630
Santa Ana Regional Center
1928 S. Grand Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Per California Occupational Safety and Health guidelines, all visitors who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear a mask when visiting an SSA office but may do so for safety. Unvaccinated visitors are required to wear a mask or cloth facial covering when entering an SSA office and for the duration of their visit. Children younger than 2, those who have breathing issues or those with an underlying medical or mental health issue are exempt from wearing a mask.
SSA continues to highly encourage Orange County households interested in applying for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, General Relief and CalWORKs benefits or wishing to review existing case information to visit SSA’s online portal or contact the SSA Call Center, as outlined below, to avoid long in-person wait times and help prevent the spread of illness.
- Online: www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- By phone: please call SSA’s Call Center at (800) 281-9799
- Call Center hours are 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturdays.
- To apply for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) or for questions related to ongoing IHSS cases, please call (714) 825-3000 or fax (714) 825-3001 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- In addition, if you suspect a child is at risk of abuse or neglect, call our 24-hour Child Abuse Registry at (800) 207-4464 or at 714-940-1000.
- Please call the 24-hour Adult Protective Services Hotline at (800) 451-5155 if you suspect a senior or dependent adult is at risk of abuse or neglect.
Family visitations and Live Scan appointments will continue by appointment only for Children and Family Services customers.
SSA has modified the Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Benefits Issuance hours of operation to 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Clients may contact their case worker or the SSA Call Center to make an appointment.
For additional information on SSA programs, please visit www.ssa.ocgov.com, and to stay up-to-date with information concerning the COVID-19 situation in Orange County, please visit www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus.