Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, July 11, 2021:
Sunny, with a high near 80. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 68. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Highs are expected to remain in low 80s for the rest of the week, with mostly sunny skies.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1767 Birth of John Quincy Adams, Sixth President of the United States (1825-1829).
- 1786 Morocco agrees to stop attacking American ships in the Mediterranean for a payment of $10,000.
- 1804 Alexander Hamilton is mortally wounded by Aaron Burr in a duel.
- 1838 Birth of John Wanamaker, U.S. merchant, founder of one of the first American department stores.
- 1862 President Abraham Lincoln appoints General Henry Halleck as general-in-chief of the Federal army.
- 1972 American forces break the 95-day siege at An Loc in Vietnam.
- 1995 Full diplomatic relations are established between the United States and Vietnam.