Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, July 18, 2021:
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Mostly clear, with a low around 69. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Highs are expected to remain in low 80s for the rest of the week, with mostly sunny skies.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1861 Union and Confederate troops skirmish at Blackburn’s Ford, Virginia, in a prelude to the Battle of Bull Run.
- 1877 Inventor Thomas Edison records the human voice for the first time.
- 1902 Birth of Jessamyn West, American author (The Friendly Persuasion).
- 1913 Birth of “Red” Skelton, American comedian and actor.
- 1921 Birth of John Glenn, Jr., American pilot, astronaut and politician.
- 1929 Birth of Screamin’ Jay Hawkins, American blues singer.