In partnership with the Orange County Workforce Development Board (OCWDB), the County of Orange (County) is launching a new career initiative with Futuro Health to provide job seeker opportunities in high-demand healthcare occupations.
With the need for mental health assistance and behavioral health support on the rise, this initiative comes at an opportune time. California’s projected demand for healthcare workers is currently at approximately 500,000 by 2024. Programs to be offered to meet the growing need include the following healthcare careers:
- Registered Dental Assistant
- Community Health Worker with Behavioral Health
- Care Coordinator: Chronically Ill Populations
- Care Coordinator: Behavioral Health Populations
Through this new initiative, participants registered through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) will have free access to career training opportunities with Futuro Health and services offered through the Orange County One-Stop Center including:
- Training in healthcare career pathways
- Opportunities for job placement
- Workshops on resume writing, interviewing techniques, and 21st-century career skills
- Access to computers, internet, telephone, copier, fax machines, labor market information, and more
Interested WIOA participants can register at https://bit.ly/ochealthcarejobs to attend a virtual orientation. Following the orientation, participants will register for their program of choice directly through Futuro Health. Programs will be offered in-person and online and expected to begin on Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
For more information including how to become a WIOA member or register for the program without WIOA status, visit oconestop.com or call the Orange County Economic and Business Recovery Call Center at (714) 480-6500.