With our busy and sometimes overwhelming obligations to our family, it is important to take some time to focus on your own health and self-care needs.
Good mental health is essential to our overall well-being. There are a few daily things recommended that you can do to improve your mental health, such as:
- Eating nutritious foods and drinking plenty of water
- Avoiding caffeine and alcohol
- Exercising regularly
Unfortunately, one in five U.S. adults live with a mental illness, ranging from mild to severe, that need additional care.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a mental illness, please do not hesitate to get help using these resources:
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Find a facility near you | findtreatment.gov
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Free and confidential support for people in distress, 24/7| 1.800.273.TALK
- Behavioral Health Treatment Service Locator
- Find treatment facilities confidentially, 24/7. | findtreatment.samhsa.gov
- National Helpline
- Treatment referral and information, 24/7. | 1.800.662.HELP
I hope you find these resources helpful and share them with those you care for.
Thank you for your continued trust. It is an honor representing you in the California State Legislature.