Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, July 27, 2021:
Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 84. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 67. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light after midnight.
Highs are expected to remain in the low-mid 80s, with morning clouds giving way to afternoon sun.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1586 Sir Walter Raleigh returns to England from Virginia.
- 1663 The British Parliament passes a second Navigation Act, requiring all goods bound for the colonies be sent in British ships from British ports.
- 1777 The Marquis of Lafayette arrives in New England to help fight the British.
- 1861 President Abraham Lincoln replaces General Irwin McDowell with General George B. McClellen as head of the Army of the Potomac.
- 1905 The International Workers of the World found their labor organization in Chicago.
- 1906 Birth of Leo Durocher, baseball player and manager.
- 1909 Orville Wright sets a world record for staying aloft in an airplane–one hour, 12 minutes and 40 seconds.
- 1944 U.S. troops complete the liberation of Guam.
- 1953 Representatives of the United Nations, Korea and China sign an armistice at Panmunjom, Korea.
- 1964 President Lyndon Johnson sends an additional 5,000 advisers to South Vietnam.