Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, July 30, 2021:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 85. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. West wind around 5 mph.
Highs are expected to remain in the mid 80s, with mostly sunny skies.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1619 The House of Burgesses convenes for the first time at Jamestown, Va.
- 1863 Birth of Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company.
- 1864 In an effort to penetrate the Confederate lines around Petersburg, Va. Union troops explode a mine underneath the Confederate trenches but fail to break through. The ensuing action is known as the Battle of the Crater.
- 1889 Birth of Casey Stengel, New York Yankees manager.
- 1919 Federal troops are called out to put down Chicago race riots.
- 1938 George Eastman demonstrates his color motion picture process.
- 1965 President Lyndon Johnson signs the Medicare Bill into law.
- 1967 General William Westmoreland claims that he is winning the war in Vietnam, but needs more men.
- 1975 Teamster leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears, last seen coming out of a restaurant in Bloomingfield Hills, Michigan.
- 1990 Baseball Commissioner Fay Vincent forces George Steinbrenner to resign as principal partner of the New York Yankees.