The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) continues work on State route 74 (SR-74) in Orange County at Nichols Institute to the Riverside County line.
A full 55-hour weekend closure will began at 9 p.m. on Friday, July 30 and continues to 4:00 am on Monday, August 2.
- Pilot cars will be utilized through the Orange County project zone to the Orange County/Riverside County Line. There is no access to Riverside County.
- Message signs will be located at intersections leading up to Nichols Institute to advise motorists to take alternative routes.
- Detour 1: Southbound I-5 to eastbound SR-76 to northbound I-15.
- Detour 2: Northbound I-5 to northbound SR-55 to eastbound SR-91 to southbound I-15.
- Please obey all posted signs and traffic instructions, including the pilot escort car for the safety of all workers and motorists.
Caltrans appreciates the public’s patience while we perform this work. Electronic Changeable Messages Signs will notify drivers of the closure. The work schedule is subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
For more information and updates, you may contact the District 12 Public Information Office at 657-328-6000 or on social media via Twitter @CaltransOC, Facebook @CaltransOC and Instagram @CaltransOC.
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e. Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Nathan Abler at 657-650-5146 or TTY 711.