The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) continues work on State Route 74 (SR-74) in Orange County at Nichols Institute to the Riverside County line.
A full 55-hour weekend closure will begin at 9:00 pm on Friday, August 13 and continues to 4:00 am on Monday, August 16.
- Pilot cars will be utilized to escort LOCAL RESIDENTS ONLY through the closure.
- Message signs will be located at intersections leading up to Nichols Institute to advise motorists to take alternative routes.
- Detour 1: Southbound I-5 to eastbound SR-76 to northbound I-15.
- Detour 2: Northbound I-5 to northbound SR-55 to eastbound SR-91 to southbound I-15.
- Please obey all posted signs and traffic instructions, including the pilot escort car for the safety of all workers and motorists.
Caltrans appreciates the public’s patience while we perform this work. Electronic Changeable Messages Signs will notify drivers of the closure. The work schedule is subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
For more information and updates, you may contact the District 12 Public Information Office at (657)328-6000 or on social media via Twitter @CaltransOC, Facebook @CaltransOC and Instagram @CaltransOC.
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e. Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Elizabeth Manzo at (657) 328-6621 or TTY 711.