With Hispanic Heritage Month in full swing and women holding a record number of Fortune 500 CEO positions (still only 8.1% of the total), the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2021’s Most & Least Diverse States in America, as well as accompanying videos and expert commentary.
To determine where the most idea and identity exchanges have occurred at the highest level in the U.S. — and where the population is relatively more homogeneous — WalletHub compared the 50 states across six key categories: socio-economic, cultural, economic, household, religious and political diversity.
Diversity in California (1=Most Diverse, 25=Avg.):
- 12th – Income Diversity
- 2nd – Educational-Attainment Diversity
- 2nd – Racial & Ethnic Diversity
- 1st – Linguistic Diversity
- 24th – Birthplace Diversity
- 1st – Industry Diversity*
- 16th – Worker-Class Diversity*
- 2nd – Household-Size Diversity
*Includes civilian employed population aged 16 and older
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/most-least-diverse-states-in-america/38262