With access points to General Relief now available at all County of Orange Social Services Agency (SSA) regional centers, the Central Regional Office (CRO) will close its public-facing counters beginning Friday, October 1.
Working under the Agency’s mission of providing accessible and responsive services to vulnerable populations, SSA increased the number of physical locations Orange County residents can access General Relief, a temporary cash assistance program for indigent adults, broadening the Agency’s ability to serve the community while also considering operational efficiency.
SSA staff and core operations stationed at CRO, 2020 W. Walnut St. in Santa Ana, will transition to other SSA regional center offices.
In addition to General Relief, households can apply for CalFresh, Medi-Cal and CalWORKs at the following locations, which are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday:
|Anaheim Regional Center
3320 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806
|Laguna Hills Regional Center
23330 Moulton Parkway
|Cypress Regional Center
6100 Chip Ave.
Cypress, CA 90630
|Santa Ana Regional Center
1928 S. Grand Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
|Garden Grove Regional Center
12912 Brookhurst St.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Per California Occupational Safety and Health guidelines, all visitors who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear a mask when visiting an SSA office but may do so for safety. Unvaccinated visitors are required to wear a mask or cloth facial covering when entering an SSA office and for the duration of their visit. Children younger than 2, those who have breathing issues or those with an underlying medical or mental health issue are exempt from wearing a mask.
SSA continues to highly encourage Orange County households interested in applying for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, General Relief and CalWORKs benefits or wishing to review existing case information to visit SSA’s online portal or contact the SSA Call Center, as outlined below, to avoid long in-person wait times and help prevent the spread of illness.
- Online: www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- By phone: please call SSA’s Call Center at (800) 281-9799
- Call Center hours are 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturdays.
- To apply for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) or for questions related to ongoing IHSS cases, please call (714) 825-3000 or fax (714) 825-3001 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- In addition, if you suspect a child is at risk of abuse or neglect, call our 24-hour Child Abuse Registry at (800) 207-4464 or at 714-940-1000.
- Please call the 24-hour Adult Protective Services Hotline at (800) 451-5155 if you suspect a senior or dependent adult is at risk of abuse or neglect.
- For additional information on SSA programs, please visit www.ssa.ocgov.com, and to stay up-to-date with information concerning the COVID-19 situation in Orange County, please visit www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus.