Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, October 31, 2021:
Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
High temperatures are forecast to remain fairly level in the lower 70s until the end of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1803 Congress ratifies the purchase of the entire Louisiana area in North America, adding territory to the U.S. which will eventually become 13 more states.
- 1838 A mob of about 200 attacks a Mormon camp in Missouri, killing 20 men, women and children.
- 1860 Birth of Juliette Low, founder of the Girl Scouts.
- 1864 Nevada becomes the 36th state.
- 1930 Birth of Michael Collins, U.S. astronaut.
- 1941 After 14 years of work, the Mount Rushmore National Memorial is completed.
- 1952 The United States explodes the first hydrogen bomb at Eniwetok Atoll in the Pacific.
- 1968 The bombing of North Vietnam is halted by the United States.
- 2002 Former Enron Corp. CEO Andrew Fastow convicted on 78 counts of conspiracy, money laundering, obstruction of justice and wire fraud; the Enron collapse cost investors millions and led to new oversight legislation.