Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, November 22, 2021:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the evening.
Highs are forecast to drop sharply on Tuesday and returning to the low 80s briefly for Thanksgiving.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1542 New laws are passed in Spain giving Indians in America protection against enslavement.
- 1847 In New York, the Astor Place Opera House, the city’s first operatic theater, is opened.
- 1899 Birth of Hoagy Carmichael, American composer, pianist and singer.
- 1902 A fire causes considerable damage to the unfinished Williamsburg bridge in New York.
- 1919 A Labor conference committee in the United States urges an eight-hour workday and a 48-hour week.
- 1963 Lee Harvey Oswald assassinates President John F. Kennedy in Dallas, Texas. Lyndon B. Johnson becomes president.
- 1964 Almost 40,000 people pay tribute to John F. Kennedy at Arlington Cemetery on the first anniversary of his death.
- 1982 President Ronald Reagan calls for defense-pact deployment of the MX missile.
- 1986 Justice Department finds memo in Lt. Col. Oliver North’s office on the transfer of $12 million to Contras of Nicaragua from Iranian arms sale.
- 1988 First prototype of B-2 Spirit strategic stealth bomber unveiled for public viewing.
- 1995 The first feature-length film created entirely with computer generated imagery – Toy Story – premiers.