Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, November 25, 2021:
Sunny, with a high near 78. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Mostly clear, with a low around 52. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
Highs are expected to remain in the upper 70s to low 80s for the next several days, with highs gradually dropping over the course of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1863 Union ends the siege of Chattanooga with the Battle of Missionary Ridge.
- 1876 Colonel Ronald MacKenzie destroys Cheyenne Chief Dull Knife’s village, in the Bighorn Mountains near the Red Fork of the Powder River, during the so-called Great Sioux War.
- 1896 Birth of Virgil Thompson, American composer (Four Saints in Three Acts, The Mother of Us All).
- 1914 Birth of Joe DiMaggio, Hall of Fame baseball star who led the New York Yankees to ten World Series.
- 1923 Transatlantic broadcasting from England to America commences for the first time.
- 1946 The U.S. Supreme Court grants the Oregon Indians land payment rights from the U.S. government.
- 1960 Birth of John F. Kennedy Jr., elder son of US Pres. John F. Kennedy (assassinated three days before JFK Jr.’s third birthday); co-founded George magazine in 1995; died in plane crash, July 16, 1999.
- 1963 The body of assassinated President John F. Kennedy is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
- 1986 As President Ronald Reagan announces the Justice Department’s findings concerning the Iran-Contra affair; secretary Fawn Hall smuggles important documents out of Lt. Col. Oliver North’s office.