Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, November 28, 2021:
Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 79. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Mostly clear, with a low around 50. Calm wind.
Highs are expected to remain in the upper 70s for the next several days, with highs gradually dropping over the course of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1729 Natchez Indians massacre most of the 300 French settlers and soldiers at Fort Rosalie, Louisiana.
- 1861 The Confederate Congress admits Missouri to the Confederacy, although Missouri has not yet seceded from the Union.
- 1872 The Modoc War of 1872-73 begins in northern California when fighting breaks out between Modoc Chief Captain Jack and a cavalry detail led by Captain James Jackson.
- 1925 The forerunner of the Grand Ole Opry, called the WSM Barn Dance, opens in Nashville, Tennessee.
- 1941 The aircraft carrier USS Enterprise departs from Pearl Harbor to deliver F4F Wildcat fighters to Wake Island. This mission saves the carrier from destruction when the Japanese attack.
- 1943 Sir Winston Churchill, Joseph Stalin and Franklin D. Roosevelt meet at Tehran, Iran, to hammer out war aims.
- 1948 Dr. Edwin Land’s first Polaroid cameras go on sale in Boston.
- 1961 Ernie Davis becomes the first African American to win the Heisman Trophy.
- 1963 Cape Canaveral is renamed Cape Kennedy.
- 1984 Republican Robert Dole is elected Senate majority leader.