With Americans’ top financial resolutions for 2022 being “to make a realistic budget and stick to it” and “to look for a better job”, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2022’s Best & Worst Cities for Keeping Your New Year’s Resolutions, as well as accompanying videos and expert commentary. This new report complements WalletHub’s list of the top New Year’s Financial Resolutions for 2022 and corresponding consumer survey.
To help Americans stick to their 2022 goals, WalletHub compared more than 180 U.S. cities across 57 key metrics. The data set ranges from exercise opportunities to income growth to employment outlook.
|Best Cities for Keeping Resolutions||Worst Cities for Keeping Resolutions|
|1. Scottsdale, AZ||173. Fayetteville, NC|
|2. Seattle, WA||174. Montgomery, AL|
|3. San Francisco, CA||175. San Bernardino, CA|
|4. Irvine, CA||176. Jackson, MS|
|5. San Diego, CA||177. Augusta, GA|
|6. Salt Lake City, UT||178. Detroit, MI|
|7. Overland Park, KS||178. Huntington, WV|
|8. Plano, TX||180. Shreveport, LA|
|9. Fremont, CA||181. Gulfport, MS|
|10. Austin, TX||182. Newark, NJ|
Best vs. Worst
- San Francisco has the lowest share of obese adults, 16.10 percent, which is 3.1 times lower than in Detroit, the city with the highest at 49.40 percent.
- Lincoln, Nebraska, has the lowest unemployment rate, 1.30 percent, which is nine times lower than in Detroit, the city with the highest at 11.70 percent.
- Fremont, California, has the lowest share of delinquent debtors, 1.14 percent, which is 7.3 times lower than in Jackson, Mississippi, the city with the highest at 8.35 percent.
- Jackson, Mississippi, has the lowest prevalence of adult binge drinking, 11.10 percent, which is 2.2 times lower than in Missoula, Montana, the city with the highest at 24.50 percent.
- Fremont, California, has the lowest share of adult smokers, 8.50 percent, which is 3.4 times lower than in Cleveland, the city with the highest at 29.00 percent.
To view the full report and your city’s rank, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-cities-for-new-years-resolutions/28749