Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, January 17, 2022:
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
A chance of showers, mainly before 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Highs are expected to rise into the 70s again in the back half of the week, with mostly sunny skies.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1706 Birth of Benjamin Franklin, statesman, diplomat, scientist and inventor who helped draft the Declaration of Independence and wrote Poor Richard’s Almanac.
- 1893 Queen Liliuokalani, the Hawaiian monarch, is overthrown by a group of American sugar planters led by Sanford Ballard Dole.
- 1899 Birth of Al Capone, U.S. mobster known as “Scarface Al” who ran most of Chicago and the surrounding area.
- 1922 Birth of Betty White, actress
- 1985 A jury in New Jersey rules that terminally ill patients have the right to starve themselves.