Job Title: PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Exempt/Non-Exempt Status: NON-EXEMPT
Hourly Rate: $25.49 – $30.44 (Annual $53,024 – $63,314)
Office Hours: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM — M, T, W, TH, F
Additional: Seasonal evenings and weekends
Location: LOS ALAMITOS, CALIFORNIA
Reports To: KRISTINE PALLE
Prepared By: MITCHELL CARTY Date: January 19, 2022
Approved By: ROBERT WIGOD Date: January 24, 2022
Overall Purpose: To serve as the primary administrative support to the Assistant Commissioner of Athletics for the purpose of governance and participation in interscholastic events for 560+ member schools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to member schools and the general public with information related to CIF Southern Section policies and events.
- Support member schools with student-athlete eligibility/transfer issues, sports participation, membership fees, and other organizational guidelines defined in the CIF-SS Constitution and Bylaws (CIF-SS Blue Book).
- Facilitate the coordination and communication of sport related information (season previews, playoff bulletins/handbooks and memoranda).
- Assist in the planning, management and execution of championship events.
- Daily administrative support to the office of the Assistant Commissioner.
- Collaborate in the ongoing development, maintenance and training for member schools in the CIF Southern Section web-based portal (cifsshome.org).
- Participate and contribute to organization sponsored workshops, section meetings and recognition programs.
- Serve in a rotation with colleagues as primary phone coverage (assigned hours).
- Screening and distribution of mail, maintenance of files and documents.
- Contribute toward the maintenance and editing of the CIF-SS Blue Book (based upon amendments).
- Prepare mileage reimbursements for advisory committees.
- Partner with Office Manager to maintain inventory of office/kitchen supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by management.
- Partner with Commissioner’s office as well as Finance, Sports, Marketing and Communications departments to ensure harmony and successful execution of the objectives of the CIF Southern Section.
- Cooperate with member school personnel, officials’ organizations and sport advisory committee members as key liaisons to the overall mission.
- Accountable for reporting monthly timesheet (sick, compensatory & vacation used).
- Adherence to company policies identified in the CIF Southern Section Employee Handbook.
- Local travel to sporting events and meetings required on occasion.
The preceding functions have been provided examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Background knowledge/interest in interscholastic athletics preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and frequently high call volume environment.
- Must possess the highest personal and professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative and problem solve.
- Understand and perform intermediate to advanced computer operations used in business environments.
- Effectively use communication skills to interact with the general public, all levels of management and employees.
80% sitting, 10% standing, 5% walking, <1% lifting (must be able to lift 20 pounds to transport equipment/supplies, assisting with unloading and stocking office/kitchen supplies), <1% climbing, <1% stooping, <1% bending, <1% squatting.
- Exposure to outside weather and local conditions.
- (2% of time) daily outdoor work including: dampness, dirt, noise, temperature extremes, vehicle fumes, petroleum products, chemicals, vehicle vibrations, traffic, bad road or weather conditions, and for eye/hand/foot coordination.
- (98% of time) to work indoors, and to work in confined spaces.
- Regular full-time position.
- Participation in CalPERS Defined Benefit Plan.
- Paid health, dental, vision and life insurance paid to company defined cap.
- One (1) vacation day earned per month.
- One (1) sick day earned per month.
- 20 Paid holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Letter of application (introduction and interest in position).
- Resume (complete listing of training and experience).
- Letter(s) of recommendation (Two letters dated within the past year. Letters must be signed. Letters must have address and phone number for verification purposes).
Application Deadline: Friday, February 11, 2022 at 12:00 pm PST (Noon).
Chief Financial Officer
Posting Notes: Email ALL required documents (letter of application, resume and letters of recommendation) to contact person listed above. Include ONLY the following in the “Subject” line of the email: PROGRAM COORDINATOR.
ONLY electronic submissions will be accepted.