Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, February 10, 2022:
Sunny, with a high near 87. Light and variable wind becoming east 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Mostly clear, with a low around 55. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph after midnight.
High temperatures are forecast to remain in the mid-upper 80s until next week, which will see a sharp temperature drop.
Excessive Heat Watch in effect from February 9, 11:00 AM PST until February 11, 06:00 PM PST
Wind Advisory in effect from February 9, 10:00 PM PST until February 10, 04:00 PM PST
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1763 The Treaty of Paris ends the French-Indian War. France gives up all her territories in the New World except New Orleans and a few scattered islands.
- 1846 Led by religious leader Brigham Young, the first Mormons begin a long westward exodus from Nauvoo, Il., to Utah.
- 1863 P.T. Barnum’s star midgets, Tom Thumb and Lavinia Warren, are married.
- 1893 Birth of Jimmy Durante, American comedian and film actor.
- 1902 Birth of Walter Brattain, physicist, one of the inventors of the transistor.
- 1915 President Wilson blasts the British for using the U.S. flag on merchant ships to deceive the Germans.
- 1927 Birth of (Mary Violet) Leontyne Price, opera singer.
- 1942 The war halts civilian car production at Ford.
- 1945 B-29s hit the Tokyo area.
- 1955 Bell Aircraft displays a fixed-wing vertical takeoff plane.
- 1960 Adolph Coors, the beer brewer, is kidnapped in Golden, Colo.
- 1966 Protester David Miller is convicted of burning his draft card.
- 1979 The Metropolitan Museum announces the first major theft in its 110-year history, $150,000 Greek marble head.