Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, February 11, 2022:
Sunny, with a high near 87. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Mostly clear, with a low around 53. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.
High temperatures are forecast to remain in the mid-upper 80s until next week, which will see a sharp temperature drop.
Heat Advisory until February 13, 06:00 PM PST
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1805 Sixteen-year-old Sacajawea, the Shoshoni guide for Lewis & Clark, gives birth to a son, with Meriwether Lewis serving as midwife.
- 1809 Robert Fulton patents the steamboat.
- 1815 News of the Treaty of Ghent, ending the War of 1812, finally reaches the United States.
- 1833 Birth of Melville Weston Fuller, eighth U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice.
- 1847 Birth of Thomas Alva Edison, prolific American inventor who jointly or singly held over 1,300 patents.
- 1855 Birth of Josephine Marshall Jewell Dodge, American educator, pioneer in the concept of day nurseries for children.
- 1903 Congress passes the Expedition Act, giving antitrust cases priority in the courts.
- 1904 President Theodore Roosevelt proclaims strict neutrality for the United States in the Russo-Japanese War.
- 1907 Birth of William J. Levitt, U.S. businessman and community builder who led the postwar housing revolutions with his Levittowns.
- 1910 Theodore Roosevelt Jr. and Eleanor Alexander announce their wedding date–June 20, 1910.
- 1945 The meeting of President Franklin Roosevelt, Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Marshal Joseph Stalin in Yalta, adjourns.
- 1951 U.N. forces push north across the 38th parallel for the second time in the Korean War.
- 1953 Walt Disney’s film Peter Pan premieres.
- 1954 A 75,000-watt light bulb is lit at the Rockefeller Center in New York, to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Thomas Edison’s first light bulb.
- 1964 Cambodian Prince Sihanouk blames the United States for a South Vietnamese air raid on a village in his country.
- 1965 President Lyndon Johnson orders air strikes against targets in North Vietnam, in retaliation for guerrilla attacks on the American military in South Vietnam.
- 1966 Vice President Hubert Humphrey begins a tour of Vietnam.