Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, February 12, 2022:
Sunny, with a high near 89. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Clear, with a low around 55. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
High temperatures are forecast to remain in the upper 80s until next week, which will see a sharp temperature drop.
Heat Advisory until February 13, 06:00 PM PST
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1775 Birth of Louisa Adams, wife of John Quincy Adams
- 1793 The first fugitive slave law, requiring the return of escaped slaves, is passed.
- 1809 Birth of Abraham Lincoln, 16th U.S. President of the United State (1861-1865).
- 1836 Mexican General Santa Anna crosses the Rio Grande en route to the Alamo.
- 1880 Birth of John L. Lewis, American labor leader.
- 1893 Birth of Omar Bradley, U.S. Army general during World War II.
- 1909 The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is formed.
- 1924 George Gershwin’s groundbreaking symphonic jazz composition Rhapsody in Blue premieres with Gershwin himself playing the piano with Paul Whiteman’s orchestra.
- 1929 Charles Lindbergh announces his engagement to Anne Morrow.
- 1935 The Macon, the last U.S. Navy dirigible, crashes off the coast of California, killing two people.
- 1938 Japan refuses to reveal naval data requested by the U.S. and Britain.
- 1944 Wendell Wilkie enters the American presidential race against Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- 1972 Senator Edward Kennedy advocates amnesty for Vietnam draft resisters.
- 1974 The Symbionese Liberation Army asks the Hearst family for $230 million in food for the poor.
- 1980 The Lake Placid Winter Olympics open in New York.
- 1987 A Court in Texas upholds $8.5 billion of a fine imposed on Texaco for the illegal takeover of Getty Oil.
- 1999 The U.S. Senate fails to pass two articles of impeachment against President Bill Clinton. He had been accused of perjury and obstruction of justice by the House of Representatives.