Run Seal Beach is returning to the seaside on March 19, 2022. The race starting line will be located at the Seal Beach Community Center, 151 Marina Drive, Seal Beach. The 10k course starts at First and Marina Drive and heads down First Street to Ocean, turning onto Seal Beach Blvd. and heading to Westminster Blvd. before hitching onto the San Gabriel River Bed Path. From there, the course exits at the Marina Bridge and returns to First St., back down to Ocean and finishing at the Seal Beach Pier.
There are two water stations provided on the 10K course, which has minor elevation between miles 1 and 2 going to a max of 62′.
Runners and walkers with baby strollers for the 5k are allowed but requested to line up in the last timing wave, as are participants with dogs. Dogs must be maintained on a short leash the entire course. Supervision is provided for children who are registered for the 1K Fun Run at our Kids Fun Zone at the pier area while the parents race.
Packet pick-up is held at the Seal Beach Community Center on Friday, March 18, 2022 from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, March 19, 2022 from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Parking is limited in Seal Beach. Participants are recommended to arrive early, carpool, get dropped off or ride share on the morning of the event and to pick up their packet on the night before, if possible. Participants should not park in or in front of private driveways or in private commercial parking lots. Many streets have limited one hour only parking. Parking lots are available at the Seal Beach Pier (Ocean Blvd. at Main St.), 1st St. and Ocean Blvd., and 8th St. and Central, with overflow parking in Long Beach. Always check posted signage carefully.
- Marina Bridge (to/from Long Beach to Seal Beach) – 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- 1st Street from Seal Beach Shores (mobile home park) to Marina Drive – 5:00 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- 1st Street from Marina Drive to Ocean Avenue – 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Ocean Ave. from 1st Street to 7th Street – 7:15 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Ocean Avenue from 7th Street to Electric & Landing – 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Seal Beach Blvd. from Electric to Pacific Coast Hwy. (PCH) – 7:15 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Seal Beach Blvd. from Pacific Coast Hwy. to Westminster Blvd: one lane of westbound traffic side will be closed but open to through traffic in other lanes to Pacific Coast Hwy.
- Westminster Blvd. from Seal Beach Blvd to River Trail Input: one lane of southbound traffic side will be closed but open to through traffic in other lanes.
- The intersection of Pacific Coast Hwy. and Seal Beach Blvd. will be closed from 8:05 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
All times given are approximate.
For more information, visit runsealbeach.com.