The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) continues work on State Route 74 (SR-74) in Orange County at Nichols Institute to the Orange County line.
A full 55-hour weekend closure will begin at 9:00 p.m. on Friday, March 11 and continues to 4:00 a.m. on Monday, March 14.
- No access to Riverside County from Orange County.
- Access for residents only available through Lake Elsinore.
- Message signs will be located at intersections leading up to Nichols Institute to advise motorists to take alternate routes.
- Detour 1: Southbound I-5 to eastbound SR-76 to northbound I-15.
- Detour 2: Northbound I-5 to northbound SR-55 to eastbound SR-91 to southbound I-15.
Caltrans appreciates the public’s patience while we perform this work. Electronic Changeable Messages Signs will notify drivers leading up to the closure. The work schedule is subject to change to due traffic incidents, weather, availability or equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
For more information and updates, you may contact the District 12 Public Information Office at 657-328-6000 or on social media via Twitter (@CaltransOC), Facebook (@CaltransOC) and Instagram (@CaltransOC).
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e. Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Christianne Smith at 424-413-1104 or TTY 711.