Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, March 12, 2022:
Sunny, with a high near 78. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable.
High temperatures are expected to rise into the low 80s around the middle of next week, with mostly sunny skies.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1664 New Jersey becomes a British colony.
- 1789 The United States Post Office is established.
- 1862 Birth of Jane Delano, nurse, teacher, founder of the Red Cross.
- 1863 President Jefferson Davis delivers his State of the Confederacy address.
- 1884 Mississippi establishes the first U.S. state college for women.
- 1894 Coca-Cola is sold in bottles for the first time.
- 1911 Dr. Fletcher of the Rockefeller Institute discovers the cause of infantile paralysis.
- 1912 Juliet Low founds the Girl Scouts in Savannah, Georgia.
- 1928 Birth of Edward Albee, American dramatist (Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf).
- 1933 President Roosevelt makes the first of his Sunday evening fireside chats.
- 1959 The U.S. House of Representatives joins the Senate in approving the statehood of Hawaii.
- 1985 The United States and the Soviet Union begin arms control talks in Geneva.