With the U.S. projected to spent nearly $600 billion on R&D in 2022, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2022’s Most & Least Innovative States, as well as accompanying videos and expert commentary.
In order to give credit to the states that have contributed the most to America’s innovative success, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 22 key metrics. The data set ranges from share of STEM professionals to R&D spending per capita.
Innovation in California (1=Most Innovative, 25=Avg.):
- 7th – Share of STEM Professionals
- 10th – Projected STEM-Job Demand by 2028
- 4th – Share of Science & Engineering Graduates Aged 25+
- 7th – Share of Technology Companies
- 4th – R&D Spending per Capita
- 1st – Venture-Capital Funding per Capita
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/most-innovative-states/31890