Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, March 28, 2022:
Showers. High near 64. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming south 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 51. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
High temperatures are expected to remain in the 60s to low 70s through the end of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1652 Birth of Samuel Sewall, British colonial merchant and one of the Salem witch trial judges.
- 1774 Britain passes the Coercive Act against rebellious Massachusetts.
- 1818 Birth of Wade Hampton, Confederate general in the American Civil War.
- 1864 A group of Copperheads attack Federal soldiers in Charleston, Illinois. Five are killed and twenty wounded.
- 1885 The Salvation Army is officially organized in the United States.
- 1908 Automobile owners lobby Congress in support of a bill that calls for vehicle licensing and federal registration.
- 1921 President Warren Harding names William Howard Taft as chief justice of the United States.
- 1929 Birth of Frederick Exley, American novelist (A Fan’s Notes).
- 1930 Birth of Jerome Isaac Friedman, American physicist, helped confirm the existence of quarks.
- 1962 The U.S. Air Force announces research into the use of lasers to intercept missiles and satellites.
- 1969 Dwight D. Eisenhower dies at Walter Reed General Hospital in Washington, D.C.
- 1979 A major accident occurs at Pennsylvania’s Three Mile Island nuclear power plant
- 1986 The U.S. Senate passes $100 million aid package for the Nicaraguan contras.
- 1990 Jesse Owens receives the Congressional Gold Medal from President George Bush.
- 1999 An American Stealth F117 Nighthawk is shot down over northern Yugoslavia during NATO air strikes.