Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, April 6, 2022:
Sunny, with a high near 93. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph.
Mostly clear, with a low around 60. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
Highs are expected to peak in the upper 90s on Thursday before dropping very sharply Saturday and again on Sunday.
Wind Advisory in effect from April 6, 06:00 AM PDT until April 7, 08:00 PM PDT
Heat Advisory in effect from April 6, 11:00 AM PDT until April 8, 06:00 PM PDT
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1786 Birth of Sacagawea (also Sacajawea), American explorer.
- 1789 The First U.S. Congress begins regular sessions at Federal Hall in New York City.
- 1830 Joseph Smith and five others organize the Church of Latter-Day Saints in Seneca, New York.
- 1862 Confederate forces attack General Ulysses S. Grant at Shiloh, Tennessee.
- 1865 At the Battle of Sailer’s Creek, a third of Lee’s army is cut off by Union troops pursuing him to Appomattox.
- 1909 Americans Robert Peary and Matthew Henson become the first men to reach the North Pole.
- 1917 The United States declares war on Germany and enters World War I on Allied side.
- 1924 Four planes leave Seattle on the first successful flight around the world.
- 1938 The United States recognizes Nazi Germany’s conquest of Austria.
- 1965 President Lyndon B. Johnson authorizes the use of ground troops in combat operations.