Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, April 8, 2022:
Sunny, with a high near 94. Light and variable wind becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 62. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Highs are forecast to very sharply Saturday and again on Sunday, remaining in the low 70s for at least several days thereafter.
Wind Advisory in effect from April 6, 06:00 AM PDT until April 7, 08:00 PM PDT
Heat Advisory in effect from April 6, 11:00 AM PDT until April 8, 06:00 PM PDT
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1726 Birth of Lewis Morris, signer of the Declaration of Independence.
- 1789 The U.S. House of Representatives holds its first meeting.
- 1832 Some 300 American troops of the 6th Infantry leave Jefferson Barracks, St. Louis, to confront the Sauk Indians in what would become known as the Black Hawk War.
- 1864 In the Battle of Mansfield, Louisiana, Federals are routed by Confederate Gen. Richard Taylor.
- 1865 General Robert E. Lee’s retreat is cut off near Appomattox Court House.
- 1913 The 17th Amendment is ratified, requiring direct election of senators.
- 1935 The Works Progress Administration (WPA) is approved by Congress.
- 1952 President Truman orders the seizure of U.S. steel mills to prevent a strike.
- 1974 Hank Aaron hits his 715th home run, breaking Babe Ruth’s record.
- 1975 Frank Robinson of the Cleveland Indians becomes first black manager of a major league baseball team.